We understand that making a positive difference in the world depends not only on our products but also on our actions.
For more than 165 years, Corning has applied its expertise in advanced glass, ceramics and optical physics to develop innovations that transform industries and enhance people’s lives. Our products have made the air cleaner, increased the speed and efficiency of communications, and changed the way that people interact with the world around them. But we understand that making a positive difference in the world depends not only on our products but also on our actions. Our sustainability initiatives help us maintain the trust of all our stakeholders, strengthen the communities in which we operate and honor our responsibility to this planet we share.
- Corning has been helping make cars cleaner for more than four decades. Our new gas particulate filters reduce emissions from gasoline direct-injection engines, while our lightweight automotive glass can increase a car’s fuel efficiency.
- Over the past 10 years, Corning has reduced energy use by more than 30 percent and expanded its use of renewables. Our progress has earned Corning the ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year award from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for four consecutive years. This year, Corning also received its second EPA Sustained Excellence Award.
- Corning’s commitment to positive environmental, social and governance-related business practices earned the company an AA rating by MSCI ESG Research, Inc., in 2016, placing Corning among the top 20 percent of companies in our industry.
- Corning is committed to diversity and ensuring an inclusive environment for all employees. Corning received a score of 100 for the 11th consecutive year on The Corporate Equality Index, which serves as a benchmark for U.S. businesses’ adoption of inclusive policies and benefits for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender employees. Additionally, the National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce, in collaboration with the National Business Inclusion Consortium, named Corning to its inaugural Best-of-the-Best list of corporations committed to diversity and inclusion across all community sectors.
- We invest to strengthen the economy and enhance the quality of life in the communities where we operate. Recent investments include funding a major expansion of the Corning Museum of Glass; support for schools, libraries, day care centers, and arts and cultural organizations; and infrastructure improvements and the construction of new green spaces.
We are proud of Corning’s achievements, but we never rest on our laurels. We will continue to evolve our sustainability practices in our ongoing effort to make Corning a better version of itself.