“CH2M in 2016 became the first ever awardee in our industry to receive the World Environment Center Gold Medal Award for our global vision and uniquely demonstrated application of sustainable practices integral with delivering client projects.”
CH2M always has been a purpose-driven company, focused on delivering sustainable solutions for our clients’ infrastructure challenges, from iconic to everyday projects. Our tenacity for client-centric sustainability — delivering greater social, environmental and economic benefits — stands as one of our firm’s greatest distinctions. Combining thought leadership in diverse engineering, science, technology and project-management disciplines, we bring innovative, sustainable solutions for smart and scalable infrastructure development serving businesses and communities worldwide.
- Became the first nonindustrial, professional services company to receive the World Environment Center Gold Medal Award in recognition of our work advancing sustainable performance with many industrial clients.
- Implemented sustainable management practices in 200 municipal water facilities.
- Eliminated more than 350 tons of carbon dioxide emissions, reduced energy consumption by 20 million kilowatt-hours and saved 27,000 gallons of fuel.
- Recycled 22 billion gallons of wastewater and beneficially reused 4,000 tons of effluent.
- Salvaged 975 tons of recyclable material, 1,500 gallons of used oil and 1,700 units of universal waste.
- Pioneered hundreds of projects harnessing nature-based defenses to bolster infrastructure, earning the American Council of Engineering Companies Diamond Award.
- Delivered the Thames Water Lee Tunnel to treat 16 million tons of wastewater per year, cutting waste by 40 percent. The project was named the 2016 Global Project of the Year and Greatest Contribution to London.
- Increased public transit capacity to accommodate 1.5 million more passengers in central London.
- Integrated digital technologies and smart design into major infrastructure developments for more than a dozen digitally advanced cities and commercial districts.
- Improved environmental, health and safety performance at clients’ industrial facilities and project sites worldwide, for which we earned the 2016 Enablon Outstanding Partner of the Year award.
- Delivered vital resiliency improvements in New York City; Miami and Pensacola Bay, FL; Southern California’s Santa Clara Valley; Mobile Bay, AL; and Longmont, CO.
- Received the Watermark Award for sustainability from Singapore’s national water agency.
- Contributed $1 million from the CH2M Foundation to support science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education and sustainability and Bridges to Prosperity in Rwanda and Nicaragua, which provides safe passage across dangerous rivers for families to access health care and economic opportunities.
- Named among Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies® for eight consecutive years. Honored as a 2020 Women on Boards Winning Company, with women comprising 29 percent of CH2M’s board of directors.
Please visit www.ch2m.com to learn more about how we serve our purpose delivering sustainable solutions to the clients and communities we serve around the world.