We leverage our unparalleled global expertise across services, markets and geographies to deliver transformative solutions. We design, build, finance and operate critical infrastructure assets and programs that unlock opportunities, protect our environment and improve people’s lives in more than 150 countries.
AECOM is committed to sustainability, whether it’s through the built environment we help shape or social programs that enable communities to be more resilient to future changes. Sustainable solutions and innovation are at the core of what we do and how we operate.
Sustainable Solutions for People and Environment
We leverage our unparalleled global expertise across services, markets and geographies to deliver transformative solutions. We design, build, finance and operate critical infrastructure assets and programs that unlock opportunities, protect our environment and improve lives in more than 150 countries.
In partnership with our clients, AECOM delivers sustainable innovations:
- Advanced green building systems that harness 100 percent of their energy from natural sources and seamlessly blend different experiences with the natural environment;
- Energy-efficient transportation hubs designed to withstand a myriad of environmental conditions with minimal carbon footprint; and
- Cutting-edge tools to evaluate and generate energy conservation measures that strengthen future resilience and capabilities.
We empower communities to design for the future:
- Trading hubs to increase intra-regional trade, food security and international competitiveness for farmers; and
- Economic Transformation Programs to elevate underdeveloped nations and transform communities into vibrant centers with high economic and commercial value.
Partnerships Focused on People and Planet
AECOM works closely with many organizations to build a more sustainable planet:
- Since 2012, we have partnered with CDP (formerly the Carbon Disclosure Project) to analyze the climate change-related data for more than 500 global cities and to report how urban centers are tackling these challenges.
- With Rockefeller Foundation’s 100 Resilient Cities program and the Van Alen Institute, AECOM has organized and supported the UrbanSOS student competition. The effort is designed to enable future generations to solve our most pressing sustainability challenges through technology and innovative thinking.
- With 100 Resilient Cities, we’ve continued to collaborate with chief resilience officers in 16 global cities to assess baseline strategies and improve resilience.
As a global company, AECOM recognizes our expansive footprint and focuses on practices that reduce energy consumption and waste. We’ve implemented a sustainability data management system to better track and analyze data and enable continuous improvement. We’ve launched initiatives to decrease energy consumption and consolidated our physical footprint nearly 10 percent year over year to significantly reduce our greenhouse gas emissions by 2020.
Through innovative processes and our integrated approach to clients, partnerships and our operations, AECOM aims to build a better world.